"Men’s Rights" activist and self-proclaimed philosopher Stefan Molyneux pretends to be a woman posting a positive comment on his own video “debunking” Frozen but completely fails at account switching
That last article is particularly interesting because some of the specific proven examples of 4chan trolls impersonating radical feminists (the “End fathers day” and “white people can’t be raped” ones specifically) are things that friends of mine have wholeheartedly believed and pointed to as examples of “internet feminists” being crazy and useless.
The president of the Autistic Self-Advocacy Network, everyone.
i reblogged this before not realizing this guy was the president of asan!!!! so, in case you needed more reasons the autistic self-advocacy network is AWESOME, here is reason #50789
ASAN is important.
This is what the cast of a Stonewall movie should look like, not what’s being cast.
These are just a few of the beautiful, incredible, unbelievably brave people who made our movement possible. Pay respect to the people who were involved in the Stonewall Riots by boycotting this planned whitewashed film about cis gay men and drag queens because it’s false and disrespectful to the trans women of color and the other extremely important marginalized groups that sparked the movement we have and benefit from today. Don’t allow this movie to further perpetuate the whitewashing of history and lies about who really was fighting in the Stonewall Riots.
TRANS WOMEN OF COLOR SUCH AS MARSHA P. JOHNSON AND SYLVIA RIVERA PLAYED A CRUCIAL ROLE IN THE STONEWALL RIOT AND TO DENY THAT IS TO DENY HISTORY.
translating this article because this is so important
1. “Monsieur Ebola can solve the problem in three months”
- Front National’s founder Jean-Marie Le Pen about how an Ebola epidemic would solve the immigration problems (x).
2. “Women should not have the right to vote”
- Janusz Korwin-Mikke, leader of Poland’s ‘Kongres Nowej Prawicy’ (Congress of the new right). (x)
3. “Register all Jews - they are a national security problem”
- Jobbik, Hungary
4. “These sexual drifts are not normal and they never will be”
- Party secretary of the Swedish Democrats, Björn Söder about homosexuality (x)
5. “People have the right to be concerned if a (Romanian) group moved in next door.
- Nigel Farage, UKIP leader (x)
6. “All credit to Venner whose final, highly political act was an attemot to awaken the people of France”
- Marine Le Pen, leader of Front National about a man who shot himself in protest against gay marriage (x)
8.”Most people over 70 are uncomfortable with homosexuality”
- Nigel Farage, UKIP leader (x)
9. “Rape is an expression of Islamic culture”
- Richard Jomshof, the Swedish Democrats (x)
10. “What Auschwitz? Were you there?”
- NIkolas Michaloliakos, leader of Golden Dawn (x)
11. “The holocaust was only a detail in World War II”
- Marie Le Pen, founder of Front National (x)
12. “Send the homosexuals and Somalis to Åland”
- Teuvo Hakkarainen, Finns Party (x)
13. “You will die here!”
- Jobbik in Hungary protesting against Roma (x)
14. “Gay marriage caused floods”
- David Silvester (UKIP), claims that he warned David Cameron that allowing gay couples to marry would lead to flooding.(x)
15. “The Muslims are our biggest foreign threat since World War II”
- Jimmie Åkesson, leader of the Swedish Democrats (x)
16. “Stop Muslim immigration”
- Martin Henriksen, Danish People’s Party (x)
This is important to remember.
While Freud played a crucial role in the development of modern psychology and therapy, his theories were all untestable at best and rampagingly sexist at worst. He had absolutely no empirical data and his theories, while very thought out, are complete bullshit.
It is good to learn about him and his theories to have a basis for understanding modern psychology, but under no circumstances should his work be applied to anything beyond a historical and academic perspective.
I am so thankful for this post
Data shows most Americans making minimum wage are women. In reality, not only are more than half of all minimum wage workers women, they’re adult women with children who earn half of their family’s income. For this reason, not only is raising the minimum wage to $10.10 a labor rights issue, but a major women’s issue as well.
Women are more likely to hold low-wage jobs than men. In 2012, 64% of minimum wage workers were women compared to 36% of men. This means about 2.4 million women earn the minimum wage or less, while approximately 1.2 million men do. This imbalance is even more striking once you consider that women are just 46.8% of all employed workers in the United States.
(◕‿◕✿) facts about divorce for feminists and MRAs:
- in most (51%) of cases, both parents decided on their own (out of court) that the mother was to receive full custody
- in 29% of custody cases, the decision was made without any third party involvement
- in 91% of cases, the decision for the mother to have custody was made without court involvement
- of those who go to court, 70% of men who seek custody of their child receive it
- of those 70%, 1/3 of the cases cited domestic abuse as part of the reason for divorce
- women who mention having been victims of domestic abuse in court are less likely to receive custody of their children than women who didn’t
i’m tired of seeing posts on feminism by both feminists and MRAs citing “gender bias in custody cases” as a problem we need to solve. women aren’t unfairly receiving custody more often. abusive men are unfairly receiving custody.
the fact is, if my dad had actually attended his court ordered anger management type classes, i would legally have been required to spend a portion of my time with him until i turned 18, even though he beat my mother and abused me.
don’t let anyone make you think that the scale isn’t still tipped toward men in a court of law.