The Harper government withheld tens of thousands of documents that it was obligated to disclose as part of a human-rights case in which it is accused of discriminating against indigenous children. Now, it is using its failure to hand over the files to try to get the proceedings put on hold.
The First Nations Child and Family Caring Society filed a complaint with the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal in 2007 saying it is wrong for the federal government to pay 22 per cent less for child welfare on reserves than the provinces pay for non-aboriginal welfare services.
Despite many attempts by the government to have the case dismissed, the hearings before the tribunal finally began in February of this year.
But, next Tuesday, Justice Department lawyers will ask for an adjournment of many months while they gather more than 50,000 documents that were required to have already been handed over to the Caring Society’s lawyers under the human-rights commission rules.
Hey so when the federal government got caught illegally hiding 50,000 documents which it was required to turn over for what could potentially be a very large and expensive human rights case, they responded by insisting that they needed the whole proceeding adjourned for months while they collected all those documents.
That’s it. That’s exactly what happened. That’s just how things are now.
I’m more than happy to pay my respects to Hannibal NBC show by this street art. THIS IS MY DESIGN :)
*from Russia with love =*
“So I shouldn’t be surprised that the Mother’s Day Parade shooting has largely been forgotten. On Sunday, shots were fired into a crowd during a parade in the New Orleans 7th ward. Police said they saw three suspects running from the scene.
This is the largest mass shooting in the United States where the shooters were still at large after the crime was committed. Think about that for a minute. From Columbine to Virginia Tech to Fort Hill to Aurora, all the shooters were either killed or apprehended on site. But the person or people responsible for shooting 19 Americans are still free.”
I hadn’t even heard about this—the racism in the US is out of control..
The immediate reaction of German POWs upon watching uncensored footage of the concentration camps shot by the US Signal Corps.
People often forget that most of the German troops had no idea about what was going on, they weren’t all fanatic Nazis bent on genocide, they were just regular soldiers who answered the call when their country went to war.
THANK YOU SO MUCH OMG
NO NO NO NO
FUCK THIS SHIT
THE GERMAN CITIZENS KNEW
The ghettos happened in cities, the apartheid laws happened under their noses, Jews were rounded up under their noses THEY FUCKING KNEW
Death camps and concentration camps were built WITHIN CITY LIMITS. Auschwitz, for example, is well within the city, and people take fucking strolls under its walls. I was fucking THERE, don’t even. The Polish knew, the Germans knew, it was LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE not to know. It’s even in the historical record, it’s even in fucking civilian diaries, THEY KNEW.
I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF THIS REVISIONIST BULLSHIT.
Sorry not sorry, German apologists, but what you’re seeing in this photo isn’t shock, it’s guilt. Richly deserved, completely merited GUILT. So take your, “Aw, those innocent little German soldiers, poor babies,” revisionist shit and shove it back up your collective ass.
not to mention the very fact that as Hitler was sending his army into Russia, the troops were ordered to wipe out entire villages. German citizens knew what was going on, but they did nothing so long as it didn’t affect anyone they cared about.
It was impossible not to know. I had a history teacher, who specialized in hate group history and had studied a lot about the Nazis, and yes, people fucking knew. The trains that took Jews and Romani and political prisoners and everyone else away to camps - the Nazis didn’t build special tracks in the middle of nowhere to do this in secret. The Nazis used the existing public railroads. Everyday citizens saw this happening.
Mass genocides aren’t always secreted away - sometimes, they even rely on the “innocent” populace. The soldiers and civilians of Germany damn well knew what was happening, just like the Americans and Europeans knew damn well how many people were brutalized and killed during the African slave trade, just like the Americans and Canadians living “out west” knew how First Nations and Native Americans were being massacred.
It’s so easy to make people not give a damn or even turn on other people they can see right in front of them when you participate in and encourage dehumanization. You can study how the Nazi government actively dehumanized the Jewish, Romani, and other “undesirable” populations, step by step, both in society and in the law - and this can be seen today. Events like the Holocaust were not once-in-a-million events that occurred because the stars aligned to produce the one evilest person, Adolf Hitler - events like the Holocaust are more common than you think, they occur today, and they are not produced by singular evil people - they occur because ordinary people stand by and let them happen.
Costco CEO Craig Jelinek supports raising the minimum wage.
Costco announced record profits today, averaging $10,000 in profit per employee compared to $7,400 at Walmart.
The secret to Costco’s success is paying employees well, providing benefits, and giving them an opportunity to unionize.
So large corporations’ excuses that treating & paying workers well would damage profits are all a crock of shit.
It’s not fucking hard people
Wearing a warbonnet is akin to wearing a fucking purple heart you didn’t earn.
A military personnel would chew your ass out for daring to wear a medal you didn’t earn. You should expect the same from the tribes you are disgracing with your hipster bullshit.
Just a friendly reminder that the cast of Star Trek TOS were all BABES.
Happy Premiere Everyone.
Effects Of Thinking White People Are “All Like That”:
- Literally nothing other than white people having their feelings hurt on the internet
- I’m not joking there is no real world consequence of this
Effects Of Thinking People of Color Are “All Like That”:
- Saudi student is literally surrounded by FBI for cooking rice under terrorist suspicions
- White people literally can not associate positive words with Black faces because of racism
- More white people use drugs but Black people are sent to jail for drugs at 10 times the rate that white people are
- Black people who “sound Black” earn less money than those who don’t because of associations with stereotypes. Black people who “sound Black” are less likely to get called back for jobs
- Black children grow up literally associating being Black with being bad and ugly
- White people when tested shot more unarmed Black subjects than armed and unarmed white subjects
- Hate crimes increase after Boston tragedy
- Moroccan High School Student is linked to Boston tragedy for being Brown
- Bangladeshi man is beaten by people out of racism
- NYPD Commissioner wants Black and Latino men to fear him after the police targeted literally 90 percent Black and Latino men in New York and humiliating them by frisking them in public under the assumption that they had weapons. Studies found that white men were the ones who overwhelmingly had weapons while Black and Latino men didn’t
- White people blaming and convicting Black men for crimes they never committed and everyone believing them because of racism
- Stop and Frisk, ruled unconstitutional was practiced by New York police disproportionately and unfairly affecting 90% Black and Latino men because of racism
- Universities throwing racist ‘Fiesta Party’ homogenizing culture with extreme racism
- Here are some of the numbers on hate crimes against People of Color and btw, Neo Naziism is increasing!
- Every 28 Hours an African American is Extrajudicially Murdered in the U.S.
- Black people 3 times more likely to be arrested for Marijuana
- Black people receive much harsher sentencing than white people for the same crimes do I need to go on?
But yeah, white people’s feelings :*(
I actually changed my mind, I’m adding more
- Deaf Black man is stabbed out of racism when his sign language is mistaken for a GANG SIGN
- Anti-Islam posters run free on the train to reinforce racism anti-Islamic sentiments and Islamaphobia
- Oops! Chicago police raids the wrong house, holds an 11 month old at gunpoint to raise their hand, kills their dog all because of racism and assuming it was a crackhouse! Oopsies
- Let’s take it overseas! Black people in England and Wales are 7 times more likely to be stopped by police than white people. Asian people are twice as likely
- People assuming Native american baby names are actually Native and have any meaning to any ethnic group when they don’t
- Here’s a whole collection of people saying racist stereotyping homogenizing disgusting stuff about Natives
- People protesting (Idle No More) defending Native people’s humanity are attacked with violence
- White kids think it’s totally okay and normal to photograph themselves lynching a Black baby doll like an effigy
- Member of the most glorified band in the world Paul McCartney made a racist white supremacist song called ‘No Pakistanis’ and everyone still glorifies him as a good person
- Racism in actual political campaign in Massachusetts against a Native runner portraying her name and image in a racist stereotypical inappropriate manner
- Indian Sikh school students protest for students who are banned from wearing their turbans in public schools in France
- Here’s a graph of the statistic that approx every 28 hours an African American is extrajudicially executed in the US
- NYPD profiling and targeting LGBT*Q People of Color
- Black students (especially boys and children with disabilities) face more and harsher punishments in public schools and are being pushed out of schools into the criminal justice system.
- Black male incarceration has jumped 500% from 1986 to 2004
- Albany police: SWAT literally uses a poor Black neighborhood to train in because they say it’s ‘realistic’
- The audio recording from a young man of color of a NYPD stop and frisking him based solely how he looks calling him a “FUCKING MUTT”
- Incarceration rates by ethnicity
- All of this fucking cultural appropriation